The 5 key requirements of the Standard are:
- Ask patients and carers if they have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet their needs
- Record those needs in a set way
- Highlight a patient’s file, so it is clear that they have information or communication needs, and clearly explain how those needs should be met
- Share information about a person’s needs with another NHS and adult social care providers, when they have consent or permission to do so
- Make sure that people get information in an accessible way and communication support if they need it.
We aim to communicate well with our patients and want to make sure that you can read and understand the information we are providing
If you find it hard to read our letters or if you need someone to support you, please let us know. We can assist you by providing information in a larger print or making it easier to read and understand.